Monday, December 28, 2009

The First Gift of Christmas by Richard Paul Evans


This is a little book I picked up off a discount table once upon ten years ago... and I read it every year! I love it! (It's RPE, what's not to love??)

This little book can be read in 30 minutes or less, as it's more like a poem.  Each section is so beautifully worded, will touch your soul and leave you thinking.  It talks of the different parts of Christmas, such as the Advent, Christmas Eve, Christmas morning and Christmas night. 

I don't want to tell too much because, really, words cannot describe the wonderful feeling one gets from reading it, so I'm hoping you'll add a little more "spirit" to your Christmas and find a copy for yourself.  In fact, I just looked at Amazon.com and you can purchase this glorious book for !!a penny!! used, with only $3.99 shipping! I'd do it, folks, it's totally worth it. 

If you only wish to check it out through your local library, I highly recommend it.  :)

No comments: