Monday, July 12, 2010

Hannah's List, by Debbie Macomber


I was supposed to be reading a book about Cleopatra, but the way the author chose to write it made it ultra boring and hard to be interested in... SO, I chose this book, instead.

I've read several of Debbie's books before and loved them, so I didn't see why I wouldn't love this one. 

It was ok, not one I loved... but I think it was more of her writing style than anything.  She writes well, don't get me wrong, but it just wasn't what I've been used to lately, I guess.  Too predictable?? Who knows...

I also found the plot maybe a far stretch - as if she's starting to run out of ideas.  It's based upon a man who loses his wife to cancer and after a year, is given a letter from her through her brother.  She tells him to get on with his life and to marry again so he can be the good father she knows he can be... she even goes as far as including a list of women she wants him to date. 

He meets with and dates these women, the third one being the obvious one he'll end up with simply because she made them such opposites to begin with.  The others all end up with the spouses/boyfriends they were with but had seperated from in the beginning. 

It was a simple read, a good one, but not one I loved.  The story line seemed weak or too obvious or I don't know... it just wasn't what I remember reading from her. 

Oh, well, on to the next.  ;)

No comments: