Thursday, December 6, 2012

A Winter Dream, by Richard Paul Evans



"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life. Well, valuable, but small. And sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don’t really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So goodnight, dear void."

Not a quote from this book, but from one of my all-time favorite movies, "You've Got Mail".  This is the quote I think of when I realize I haven't read a good book in a long time.

I make exceptions for RPE books, though... I can devour his in less than 24 hours - all while momming, wifing, housekeeping, cheffing, etc.  That's how good they are!

This one was awesome, of course.  It's a modern day Joseph and the coat of many colors story.  Very cool.  It was well-written, and just plain good.

I'd highly recommend it! :)

No comments: