Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag, By Alan Bradley


I cannot get enough of these books! I've already started the third one!!

Flavia de Luce is my new favorite person.  I love her precociousness! Alan Bradley writes her like a pro! Her wit and humor and attitude and cleverness are neatly packaged inside this eleven year old girl, and I only wish she were real so I could meet her! 

One thing I love about Mr. Bradley's books, is he gives clues throughout, but one can never solve the mystery on those alone -- he leaves out the important ones till the end when Flavia's solving yet another crime for her friend, Inspector Hewitt.  

I almost hope this girl never grows up so her stories can keep being produced! They're full of British lingo, which I love, and the number of times they'll have you smiling or laughing out loud or even "Ah-ha-ing" will keep you coming back for more! I certainly am! 

They're clean, humorous, charming, and entertaining... I highly recommend them!

No comments: