Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Struggling

I've been reading the book, Storm Front, and I just have to say, it's no page-turner.  This guy keeps making sorry attempts at being sarcastically funny... he definitely overdoes it in that area, like he's trying too hard to make his character witty or some sort of smart-you-know-what.  This author is way too obsessed with sex.  He somehow manages to keep it mostly clean, but sure does talk about it a lot.  I'm really not into the whole magic and wizardry thing, so this book is just so rediculously fake to me.  I know it's not supposed to be real, and maybe I'm being too negatively judgemental, but this book just isn't doing it for me.  I'm going to make an attempt to finish reading it, because I'm the one who started this whole thing, but I'm not going to be reading the next one in line.  Thanks for the suggestion, R, but please don't take it personally when I do a little book-bashing with this one.  ;)

No comments: