Monday, February 25, 2013

The Mighty Queens of Freeville, by Amy Dickinson



It's books like this that keep me reading memoirs.  

This was, by far, one of my most favorite books to read.  As soon as I was done, I wanted to turn back to the beginning and start all over, again! It was so enjoyable and funny and just fun!

I love reading about people; it makes me feel like I've met them and sat with them while they recounted life stories, just for me.  I feel like if I were to meet Amy Dickinson, someday, I'd know her.  I know her heart, her daughter, her life.  I'd ask her, "How's your mother?".  I'd want to get a recount of her relationship with Bruno and find myself really hoping it worked out for her.  I'd want to hug her and say, thank you for your story - for sharing it.  Then I'd ask if I could have lunch with her and her family the following Wednesday, simply to soak in the love and the ongoing conversation.  

I loved so many parts of this book, it was all I could do to not jot down every quote I thought funny, fitting or just good.  It touched my soul, this book did, and those are the best kinds to read.

It was a wonderful experience I hope to have, again, in the future.  I'd buy this book.  :)

You should read it.  

No comments: