Thursday, December 28, 2017

The Noel Diary, by Richard Paul Evans

Image result for The Noel Diary

My turn came up for the newest RPE book... I started it last night at about 8pm - and finished it this morning at 1:30am.  It was good.  haha

He said in his emails leading up to the release of this book (if I remember, correctly) that this story has more of his personal life experience than any of his other books.  It's his wife's new favorite of his.  So, naturally, I had to read it.  I just didn't plan on reading it in one night.  haha

Like his others, it was very well-written.  I think that's why they're such quick reads - they just flow.  He certainly has a way with words.  The more books of his I read (I've read them all... except his science fiction series - which are still written well, I just don't dig that sort of storyline.  I read the first one, which I loved.  But mostly through the second one, I decided it just wasn't my thing.), the more I feel like I can see a lot of who he is through his writing.  I wonder how much of his stories come from real life experiences and people he's met.  He kind of hints at things like that in some of his recent books I've read.  It's almost like he's sneaking in small confessions or something.  haha

This is a story about a boy-turned-man, still hurting and trying to heal the pain of his childhood.  He finds someone along his journey who is attempting the same thing, only to find their lives are more intertwined than they knew upon meeting.  Of course, there's the love story - not too sappy.  They never are.  I love that about his books.  Clean and nice - not too much gush.  And there are always additions to the story that make them not sticky sweet.  I like that.  These things could happen in real life... One can hope, anyway.

I would highly recommend this book, too.  I recommend all of his books.  He has a flair for the written word.  I'm certainly glad he didn't hide his talent under a bush and instead shared it with the world.  He's my fave.

No comments: