Sunday, December 24, 2017

The Mistletoe Inn, by Richard Paul Evans

Image result for Mistletoe Inn

This! This is the perfect example of why I love RPE's books! Oh, how I love them!!

He writes so incredibly well! In this book, he inconspicuously gives tips on writing and publishing and becoming an author, in general.  He has a writer's retreat, just like in this book, he even uses his agent's name as a character - a literary agent, actually.  It's about a woman who's ready to give up on love and her writing aspirations when she comes across a writers workshop - for romance writers, of all things.  Her father pays for her to go but she's reluctant because of some not good news he just gave her... but that's all I'm going to say.  You'll have to read it to find out how wonderful it is.  ;)

I love his way of weaving a story; of creating the characters and plot line and all the details in between.  I love that I got to read this before Christmas (I had been on a waiting list).  I'm still on a waiting list for his newest holiday book, which I would imagine will still be a few weeks before my turn comes up.  Won't stop me from reading it, though. 

Man, I love his books.  This one renewed my desire for more - it almost has me wanting to go back and read every single one of them.  He's clean, funny, real, and just so knowledgeable about what he writes.  It's apparent he pulls from his own life in many cases... or at least I would imagine he does.

He just knows women so well and writes them so well and knows how to pull at their heartstrings.  His romances are never cheesy and always just right.  I love them, for sure.  (Not that I haven't made that clear, yet.)

As always, I would definitely recommend reading this if you want something light, quick and enjoyable.  I just saw that it was made into a movie just this year - of the Hallmark sort, of course - and I want to see it! I wish I had cable! Maybe Netflix will pick it up for next year... One can hope.  :)

No comments: