Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Christmas Sweater, by Glenn Beck

Image result for the christmas sweater


I found this book at Goodwill and am very glad I bought it.  I normally don't buy books till after I've read them and will likely read them, again.  I'll be reading this, again.  It was a sweet book.

It's a work of fiction but based on his true life experiences.  It's heart-breaking at some parts and uplifting at others... he wrote it very well.  It's a story of redemption and forgiveness and spiritual growth.  Very good for this time of year.  Again, I'm unsure of how much to say about it because I don't want to give the story away.  It's about a boy who learns one of life's hardest lessons and experiences the opportunity to make things better.  There's an unexpected twist at the end - one I wasn't sure I was in favor of, but I decided I do like it.  The emotions portrayed had to have been felt by the author to be woven into words the way they were.  My heart goes out to the author and am glad for the happiness he was able to find in spite of his own battles.

I do recommend reading this and am always willing to lend it out.

No comments: